ICASA plans to appoint Dedicated Certification Bodies
The ICASA (Independent Communications Authority of South Africa), plans to nominate certification bodies to become designated certification bodies. This is in accordance with the "Equipment Authorization Regulations 2022", published in March 2022.
DCB's are mainly to assist in the approval of class 3 equipment, but will likely not be exempted to also support in the type 2 equipment approval process.
Dedicated Certification Bodies will examine documents, issue a "Certificate of Conformity" (CoC) and redirect to the ICASA department, who will issue a "Equipment Authorization Certificate".
It is yet to be decided when the change will be implemented.
関連ニュース 約 South Africa
- 2023-09-27Type approval delays are to be expected for South Africa
- 2023-05-24South Africa released Government Gazette number 48643
- 2022-11-10SABS: Additional approval scheme for EMC CoCs
- 2022-01-06Amendment of the Radio Frequency Spectrum Regulations 2015
- 2021-08-03Public comments on Draft National Frequency Plan 2021