ICASA releases Draft „Equipment Authorisation Regulations”
The South African “Independent Communications Authority of South Africas” ICASA released on 31 March 2021 their new draft regulations on “Equipment Authorisation Regulations”. New is the conformity assessment approach based on 3 classification levels for low, medium and high risk equipment, where low risk equipment is exempted from equipment authorisation.
Furthermore, a 2-step authorisation process is implemented, where first a certificate of conformity with limited validity must be obtained before a homologation certificate “Equipment Authorisation” can be issued by the authority.
There is also an adjustment to the label requierments, where a minimum height of 3 mm is specified for the ICASA logo. Also the equipment class must be referenced. There are no provisions for exemptions.
Comments can be submitted till 30 April electronically or by post or hand delivery to
Mr Lumkile Qabaka
350 Witch-Hazel Avenue
Eco Point Office Park, CENTURION
Source: Link ICASA
関連ニュース 約 South Africa
- 2023-10-12ICASA plans to appoint Dedicated Certification Bodies
- 2023-09-27Type approval delays are to be expected for South Africa
- 2023-05-24South Africa released Government Gazette number 48643
- 2022-11-10SABS: Additional approval scheme for EMC CoCs
- 2022-01-06Amendment of the Radio Frequency Spectrum Regulations 2015
- 2021-08-03Public comments on Draft National Frequency Plan 2021