IBL-Lab GmbH accreditation: Electromagnetic Compatibility
Today, we would like to provide you an insight into the establishment and work of our accredited EMC laboratory.
Thanks to the high level of technical competence and organizational skills of its employees and all those involved, IBL-Lab GmbH was able to build up the EMC area at a remarkable pace, and completed this with the successful DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025:2018 DAkkS accreditation in December 2020.
"Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)" refers to the capability of a technical device not to disturb other devices (with unintentional electric or electromagnetic effects) as well as not being disturbed by other devices.
The demands on the electromagnetic compatibility of devices and systems with integrated radio technology is regulated by law in the EU and many other countries and – depending on country and purpose – confined by different limits for interference immunity or for the emitted interference of the device or system.
Tests in the accredited EMC Laboratory of IBL-Lab GmbH include (among others) conformity measurements according to the following regulatory requirements:
- EMC Directive (EMCD 2014/30/EU)
- FCC Tests for the USA according to Part 15 and Part 18
- Tests for Canada according to ISED Requirements
Since January 2021, the FCC lists IBL-Lab GmbH as accredited test firm. We will get into more detail on this in our last part of this series soon.
- 16.11.2022ECTEL: Update of Spectrum Management Plan
- 29.03.2022Public Consultation on Type Approval Regulatory Framework 2022
- 23.12.2021Seasons Greetings
- 21.12.2021Public Consultation on new legislation framework
- 29.10.2021Introducing TAMSys
- 14.10.2021Bluetooth SIG: LE Audio improves Bluetooth Audio Quality