Draft Circular replacing Circular 01/2021/TT-BTTTT
The Vietnam MIC has recently published a Draft Circular regulating products which are mandatory for Type Approval Certification and Declaration of Conformity. The above mentioned Circular is supposed to replace Circulars 01/2021/TT-BTTTT and 11/2020/TT-BTTTT.
Please see some points to consider below.
1. Several standards were updated in the Circular:
- QCVN 128:2021/BTTTT (RF standard for 5G base station);
- QCVN 127:2021/BTTTT (RF standard for 5G SA – mandatory from 2022-07-01);
- QCVN 129:2021/BTTTT (RF standard for 5G NSA – mandatory from 2022-07-01);
- QCVN 124:2021/BTTTT (RF standard for Vehicle Radar 76-77GHz – mandatory from 2022-07-01);
- QCVN 123:2021/BTTTT (RF standard for SRD 40-246GHz) – mandatory from 2022-07-01);
- QCVN 65:2021/BTTTT (RF standard for WLAN 5.0GHz device – can be applied from 2022-05-01 and be mandatory from 2023-07-01)
- QCVN 22:2021/BTTTT (Safety standard for ICT product – importers are to comply with this standard themselves as the standard is not mandatory according to Annexes No. 1 and 2 of the Draft Circular).
2. Numerous positions were removed from the mandatory list:
- 5.8 GHz equipment which is used for transport application;
- Marine VHF devices;
- Inmarsat F77 devices;
- Section “Other devices”.
3. A few products were moved from Annex No. 1 (compulsary for TA Certification and Declaration of Conformity) to Annex No. 2 (compulsory for Declaration of Conformity):
- 76-77 GHz vehicle radars;
- General SRDs operating in the following bands:
- 13,553- 13,567 MHz,
- 26,957-27,283 MHz,
- 40,66-40,7 MHz,
- 5725-5850 MHz,
- 24,00-24,25 GHz,
- 61,0-61,5 GHz,
- 122-123 GHz,
- 244-246 GHz;
- 13.56MHz RFID;
- Some of land mobile radio equipment.
Please be informed that the Draft Circular may take effect on 01, July 2022 and be advised that local labs will be able to test products in accordance with new standards from May/June, 2022.
As soon as the Circular has been officialy issued, MIC will also provide instructions for the Type Approval Certification and Declaration of Conformity for the case when local labs cannot perform tests in compliance with any standsrds.
Related News about Vietnam
- 2023-09-19Vietnam's MIC Announces Regulatory Updates in Circular 10/2023/TT-BTTTT
- 2023-08-29Approval Delays in Vietnam to be expected
- 2023-07-31New regulation updates when TAC or DoC is required
- 2023-02-21MIC Vietnam publishes draft updated circular
- 2023-01-31Vietnam: new EMC standard QCVN 18:2022/BTTTT
- 2022-06-28MIC: Updated Acceptance Rules for Certain Test Reports