New regulation on License-free frequency bands
On 12th of February the new circular 18/2018/TT-BTTTT as amendment and supplement to circular 46/2016/TTBTTTT came into force
- The most important news for our customer is, that the 866- 868 MHz license free band allocated for RFID is removed but products which has been manufactured or imported before 12th of February can be used in Vietnam, in case the product does not cause harmful interferences.
- Allowed is the use for wireless charging devices operating in the frequency range 9 kHz 190 kHz
- The Ministry of Information and Communications (MIC) has also confirmed, that Short Range Devices which do not meet operating frequency requirements and operational technical conditions (maximum ERP/EIRP power, spurious emissions) are not allowed to be imported and used in Vietnam. SRD having multi operating frequency bands and/or exceeding the allowed bands and/or multi power level must be fixed and limited to meet requirements of Circular 18/2018/TT-BTTTT and Circular 46/2016/TT-BTTTT of MIC Vietnam.
Related News about Vietnam
- 2023-09-19Vietnam's MIC Announces Regulatory Updates in Circular 10/2023/TT-BTTTT
- 2023-08-29Approval Delays in Vietnam to be expected
- 2023-07-31New regulation updates when TAC or DoC is required
- 2023-02-21MIC Vietnam publishes draft updated circular
- 2023-01-31Vietnam: new EMC standard QCVN 18:2022/BTTTT
- 2022-06-28MIC: Updated Acceptance Rules for Certain Test Reports