New Standard for 5G NR
The Vietnamese Ministry of Information and Communications (MIC) has recently published the “National technical regulation on stand-alone 5G mobile communication network terminal equipment - Wireless access part”, Circular 06/2021/TT-BTTTT issuing QCVN 127:2021/BTTTT.
Some of the main features are as follows:
- QCVN 127:2021/BTTTT will take effect on Mar 01, 2022, but it will be mandatory from July 01, 2022. It means that from Mar 01, 2022 to July 01, 2022, the type approval certificates for 5G NR devices can be used under either QCVN 47:2015/BTTTT or QCVN 127:2021/BTTTT for the importation process.
- The type approval certificates for 5G NR under QCVN 47:2015/BTTTT must be updated to QCVN 127:2021/BTTTT before July 01, 2022 in order to make sure that the importation process will go smoothly.
- Based on QCVN 127:2021/BTTTT, the allowed bands for 5G NR in Vietnam will be n1, n3, n5, n8, n28, n40, n41, n77, n78 and n258
- Based on QCVN 127:2021/BTTTT, all 5G mobile phones must support at least n1, n3, n28, n41, n77, n78, in which, n77 and n78 must only be available and activated when these bands are planned in Vietnam.
Currently, the local labs don’t have the accreditation on testing QCVN 127:2021/BTTTT and the Vietnam Approval Authority has not issued the type approval certificate under this new standard yet.
Source: Official link
Related News about Vietnam
- 2023-01-31Vietnam: new EMC standard QCVN 18:2022/BTTTT
- 2022-06-28MIC: Updated Acceptance Rules for Certain Test Reports
- 2022-06-14MIC Releases Circular 02/2022/TT-BTTTT
- 2022-03-23Public Consultation on National EMC Technical Regulation
- 2022-03-01Draft Circular replacing Circular 01/2021/TT-BTTTT
- 2021-11-04New standard for 76-77 GHz radars will come into effect in July