New standard for short range devices as from July 2021
The Ministry of Information and Communications of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam (MIC) has published the draft Circular which introduces QCVN 74:2020/BTTTT replacing QCVN 74:2013/BTTTT. This new standard is applied for SRD operating in the range of 1-40GHz, including radar 24GHz devices. The draft Circular is expected to take effect as from 1st July 2021
MIC updates the local standard from QCVN 74:2013/BTTTT to QCVN 74:2020/BTTTT in order to keep up with the change of the world as the referred standards of QCVN 74:2013/BTTTT, ETSI EN 300 440-1 V1.5.1(2009) and ETSI EN 300 440-2 V1.3.1(2008) are outdated.
If there are not any regulation changes, for all approved products which apply to QCVN 74:2013/BTTTT the certificates will need to be reissued when QCVN 74:2020/BTTTT takes effect.
Related News about Vietnam
- 2023-09-19Vietnam's MIC Announces Regulatory Updates in Circular 10/2023/TT-BTTTT
- 2023-08-29Approval Delays in Vietnam to be expected
- 2023-07-31New regulation updates when TAC or DoC is required
- 2023-02-21MIC Vietnam publishes draft updated circular
- 2023-01-31Vietnam: new EMC standard QCVN 18:2022/BTTTT
- 2022-06-28MIC: Updated Acceptance Rules for Certain Test Reports