New Type Approval Regime incl. new Labeling
TRA (Telecommunications Regulatory Authority) of UAE has published a *New Type Approval Regime* stating the main following amendments:
Three Conformity Compliance forms have been established:
First level: Declaration of Conformity
Second Level: General Equipment Registration
Third level: Advance Equipment Registration
It is possible to apply for Declaration of Conformity in case when telecommunications equipment can be deemed as equipment of low risk and priority where approval is granted based on: General description of the Equipment and a copy of the Supplier’s Declaration of Conformity.
General Equipment Registration: This level shall apply to Telecommunications Equipment of medium risk and priority, where the Registered Manufacturer or Importer of Telecommunications Equipment provides proof of conformity with the Technical Standards and essential requirements on the basis of submitted technical test reports issued by an ILAC-certified lab, or based on a certificate of conformity issued by one of TRA's certification entities. If the certified test report is not available, TRA may, at the applicant's expense, perform Equipment testing or request Equipment testing in a recognized testing lab.
Advance Equipment Registration: This type of registration is required for telecommunications equipment of high risk and priority. Apart from the confirmation that the product meets the essential requirements of the relevant standards, The Manufacturer or Importer of Telecommunications Equipment shall provide a sample of the Telecommunications Equipment to be approved under this level as part of the mandatory Type Approval requirements.
TRA Technical Standards:
- The TRA shall publish Technical Standards required in Telecommunications Equipment. If the there are no specifications, the TRA shall decide on the possibility of approving the relevant Equipment on a case-by-case basis.
- Unless otherwise announced by the TRA, an update or new release of Technical Standards shall not invalidate existing Equipment registration.
TRA Declaration of Conformity Card
The Registered Manufacturer or Importer of Telecommunications Equipment shall provide the TRA Declaration of Conformity Card (Type Approval Regime Conformity Mark) on the Equipment box in a clear, readable and non-removable format before offering, selling or making the Equipment available in the UAE market. The TRA Declaration of Conformity Card shall be placed under the display platform of Telecommunications Equipment in retail stores in a way that is clear readable to users.
Example of TRA Declaration of Conformity Card is available at IBLAG.
Source: TRA official document > new policy documentation
Related News about United Arab Emirates
- 2023-01-03TDRA released new Compliance Label format
- 2021-11-16TRA updated name and internet presence
- 2021-01-07TRA UAE released new Regulation for UWB and SRD
- 2020-11-03TRA now shows the approved devices on the website
- 2020-08-14Consultation on TRA Regulations for UWB and SRD
- 2019-09-24New requirements for mobile phones