SUBTEL introduces higher limits for 2.4GHz and 5GHz
The chilean Authority SUBTEL published on 2018-07-30 the update N°1.517 of the Resolution N°1.985, in order to update the use of Radio Frequencies and especially the output power limits in Chile.
The noteworthiest modifications are in the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz (WiFi + BT) bands, the new limits are:
- 2400 MHz to 2483,5 MHz = 1 W
- 5.250 MHz to 5.350 MHz = 1 W
- 5.470 MHz to 5.725 MHz = 1 W
- 5.725 MHz to 5.850 MHz = 1 W
- 5.150 MHz to 5.250 MHz = 200 mW
Also, RFID equipment will be able to operate in the band 915 to 928 MHz with a maximum radiated power of up to 500 mW.
Original Source: www.diariooficial.interior.gob.cl