Type Approval Reinstatement
It has come to our attention on 2017-05-17 that Djibouti's Ministère de la Culture et de la Communication, chargé des Postes et des Télécommunications (MCPT) has resumed Type Approval procedures. The MCPT had placed all Type Approval applications on hold in 2013 due to planned changes to its spectrum management system. NoType Approval certificates willbe issued in the meantime.
The following information has been obtained regarding the reinstated Type Approval policy:
- No online application (only paperwork)
- No samples required
- 5 year validity for the certificates
- Foreign manufacturers still allowed to hold the Approval
- 3-4 weeks estimated lead-time
- No requirements for labelling
It is yet to be determined which equipment type is affected by the new policy and what impact it may have on products already on the market.