From 2018-04-04 until 2018-04-06 there are national holidays in Taiwan. Type approval certification delays might occur.
Radio Type Approval, Homologation, Certification Services - Global Market Access Solutions
We can offer you reliably all services concerning Type Approval in Taiwan (Taipei). Our distinguished contact with the authority in Taiwan (Taipei), our good relationship to NCC National Communications Commission as well as the qualification in the homologation of consumer and automotive RF-products and Short Range Devices (SRD) in ISM-Frequency band will create your market access in Taiwan trouble-free and cost-effective.
We will assist you to put your product successfully on the market by offering the following services:
- Identify applicable requirements for your specific product or technology feature to comply with current regulations in safety, EMC, wireless, etc.
- Provide pre-compliance testing during the design and development phase to determine compliance
- Assist in completion of applications and other required forms
- Test in our accredited labs or your qualified facilities to issue CB Test Report and Certificate with applicable national differences and other test reports for wireless, etc.
- Handle entire submittal process including working with local testing and certification organizations
- Arrange for initial factory inspections that are required before certification issuance
- Coordinate verification testing on qualified products as needed
- Facilitate and expedite project progress with support of IB-Lenhardt AG local team and/or partner
- Support renewal maintenance of certificates as needed
- User manual translation service when needed
For Taiwan we can offer you a short termed tentative offer based upon a submitted Datasheet of the device:
GEO / MAP of Taiwan
General information about Taiwan
Degree of latitude
Degree of longitude
New Taiwan Dollar
Size (in km²)
Population (as of 2011)
Country code according to ISO 3166-2
Country code according to ISO 3166-3
Certificate Example for Taiwan
Authority / Regulatory Body
NCC National Communications Commission
Validity Period of Certification
In-Country Testing Required?
Average lead time for radio type approval
Label Example for Taiwan
News for Taiwan
Simplified Approval Procedure for Bluetooth Devices
Taiwan’s National Communication Commission (NCC) officially announced that a simplified Declaration of Conformity (DoC) scheme will be adopted effective July 1, 2017 to regulate the following list of Bluetooth Devices:
- Bluetooth Mouse
- Bluetooth Keyboard
- Bluetooth Headset
- Bluetooth Selfie Stick
- Bluetooth Stylus Pen
- Bluetooth Speaker, only D.C. powered
Under the new DoC scheme, the approval process will not require local testing as FCC test reports can be leveraged.
(24GHz, 77GHz, 79GHz, UWB)
(315MHz, 433MHz, 868MHz)
(125kHz, 315MHz, 433MHz, 868MHz)
(Tank Level, Positions-Radar)
(315MHz, 433MHz, 868MHz)
(125kHz, 13,56MHz, 868MHz)
(24GHz, 60GHz, 79GHz)
Safety Information for Taiwan
The Type A electrical plug (or flat blade attachment plug) is an ungrounded plug with two flat parallel pins. Although the American and Japanese plugs appear identical, the neutral pin on the American plug is wider than the live pin, whereas on the Japanese plug both pins are the same size. As a result, Japanese plugs can be used in the US but often not the other way around. The pins on Type A and Type B plugs have a hole near the tip that fits into ‘bumps’ found on the contact wipers of some sockets, so that the pins are gripped more tightly allowing for better contact and also to prevent the plug from slipping out of the socket. Some sockets have spring-action blades that grip the sides of the pins, making the holes obsolete.
The Type B electrical plug has two flat parallel pins and a round grounding (or earth) pin. The earth pin is longer than the other two so that the device is grounded before the power is connected. As with the type A plugs, the American and Japanese versions vary slightly. Type B plugs are rated at 15 amps.