Access to the 70/80 and 90 GHz bands in the USA
In their attempt to promote the 5G expansion the FCC initiated a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, FCC 20-76A1, regarding the exploration of new uses in the frequency ranges 71-76 GHz, 81-86 GHz, 92-94 GHz and 94.1-95 GHz. The aim of the rule changes is the facilitation of the provision of wireless backhaul for 5G and the deployment of broadband services to aircraft and ships. The commission seeks to promote the expanded use of this millimeter-wave spectrum for several innovative services.
Comments may be filed electronically through ECFS.
Related News about United States
- 2023-07-24FCC Empowers Short-Range Radars in the 60 GHz Band
- 2023-03-13FCC Improves Public Safety Communications in 4.9 GHz Band
- 2022-10-18GN Docket Opened: Expanded Use of the 12.7–13.25 GHz Band
- 2022-09-06FCC: Mandatory Antenna Gain Specification
- 2022-02-10FCC Equipment Authorization System Maintenance Outage
- 2021-07-08The FCC published new Notice of Proposed Rulemaking