ACMA adopts Safety standards
Telecommunications (Customer Equipment Safety) Technical Standard
The ACMA standard Telecommunications (Customer Equipment Safety) Technical Standard 2018 (the Customer Equipment Safety Standard) adopts the following Australian/New Zealand Standards:
AS/NZS 60950.1:2015 - Information technology equipment - Safety, Part 1: General requirements (the 2015 industry standard); and
AS/NZS 62368.1:2018 - Audio/video, information and communication technology equipment - Part 1: Safety requirements (the 2018 industry standard).
The 2018 industry standard is intended to replace the 2015 industry standard four years after 15 February 2018. During that period, a relevant item of customer equipment may, under the 2018 industry standard, comply with either the 2015 industry standard or the 2018 industry standard.
The ACMA has made the Customer Equipment Safety Standard to repeal and replace the 2011 ACMA Standard to reflect the latest technical requirements for particular customer equipment.
For detailed information pleas visit ACMA website.
Related News about Australia
- 2023-07-13ACMA Seeks Feedback on Expiring Spectrum Licences
- 2022-06-23Public Consultation on Introducing QR-Coded Labels
- 2022-06-09Safety Standard for Products Containing Button/Coin Batteries
- 2022-05-26ACMA: Changes in Radiocommunications Class License
- 2022-03-21Public Consultation: Reallocation of 3.4 GHz and 3.7 GHz Bands
- 2021-11-18Public consultation on future use of the 1.9 GHz band