Allocation of Spectrum for Non-Federal Space Launch Operations
The FCC announced a proposed rule change regarding the reallocation of spectrum for the space launch industry seeking comments on the usage of the frequency bands 420 - 430 MHz, 2025-2110 MHz and 5650-5925 MHz. Beside the raw allocation of spectrum the FCC is also seeking comments on the establishment of licensing and technical rules for the use of the spectrum for commercial space launch operations and the coordination procedures thereof.
Comments are due unto July 12th 2021.
Source: Federal Register (PDF)
Related News about United States
- 2023-07-24FCC Empowers Short-Range Radars in the 60 GHz Band
- 2023-03-13FCC Improves Public Safety Communications in 4.9 GHz Band
- 2022-10-18GN Docket Opened: Expanded Use of the 12.7–13.25 GHz Band
- 2022-09-06FCC: Mandatory Antenna Gain Specification
- 2022-02-10FCC Equipment Authorization System Maintenance Outage
- 2021-07-08The FCC published new Notice of Proposed Rulemaking