FCC updated the 5.9 GHz Band to improve WIFI and Automotive Safe
On 18 Nov 2020 the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) have released an enhancing modernization of the 5.9 GHz band, to pave the way for the increasing demand for WIFI and other unlicensed services. This will support many consumers to have gigabit WIFI connectivity in the public as well as the private areas.
This update of the 5.9 GHz Band will also improve the safety in automotive sector: the upper 30 MHz are intended for Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) for vehicular communications.
For more Information you may visit the official FCC website.
Related News about United States
- 2023-07-24FCC Empowers Short-Range Radars in the 60 GHz Band
- 2023-03-13FCC Improves Public Safety Communications in 4.9 GHz Band
- 2022-10-18GN Docket Opened: Expanded Use of the 12.7–13.25 GHz Band
- 2022-09-06FCC: Mandatory Antenna Gain Specification
- 2022-02-10FCC Equipment Authorization System Maintenance Outage
- 2021-07-08The FCC published new Notice of Proposed Rulemaking