New ACMA spectrum plan possibly drastically reduces smartphone costs world wide.
The ACMA (Australian Communication and Media Authority) published a new spectrum plan for the 700 MHz frequency band on 2012-11-19. The Plan has the potential to drastically reduce the costs of smartphones around the World. The "Asia-Pacific Telecommunity (APT) 700 MHz spectrum band plan" is committed or seriously considered to be adopted by several countries such as Australia, Chile, Columbia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Mexico, Panama, India, Japan, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Tonga and the United Arab Emirates.
Related News about Australia
- 2023-11-21ACMA consults on EMC regulation
- 2023-07-13ACMA Seeks Feedback on Expiring Spectrum Licences
- 2022-06-23Public Consultation on Introducing QR-Coded Labels
- 2022-06-09Safety Standard for Products Containing Button/Coin Batteries
- 2022-05-26ACMA: Changes in Radiocommunications Class License
- 2022-03-21Public Consultation: Reallocation of 3.4 GHz and 3.7 GHz Bands