New amendment on technical standards and labelling
On 6 December 2018, the ACMA remade the following telecommunications technical standards under section 376 of the Telecommunications Act 1997:
- the Telecommunications (Mobile Equipment Air Interface) Technical Standard 2018
- the Telecommunications (Customer Equipment Safety) Technical Standard 2018.
The ACMA also made the Telecommunications (Labelling Notice for Customer Equipment and Customer cabling) Amendment Instrument 2018 (No.1) under subsection 407(1) of the Telecommunications Act to make consequential and other amendments to the Telecommunications Labelling Notice. The compilation—which includes the above amendment—of the Telecommunications Labelling Notice is available on the Federal Register of Legislation.
The submissions received during the consultation periods are available on the ACMA website.
Following consultation, the ACMA has remade the standard that mandates a two-part industry standard for radiocommunications devices operating in the very high frequency (VHF) maritime mobile bands. The Radiocommunications (VHF Radiotelephone equipment - Maritime Mobile Service) Standard 2018 adopts three new industry standards and their European Telecommunications Standards Institute equivalents.
The ACMA received one submission to this consultation, which can be accessed on our website.
Related News about Australia
- 2023-11-21ACMA consults on EMC regulation
- 2023-07-13ACMA Seeks Feedback on Expiring Spectrum Licences
- 2022-06-23Public Consultation on Introducing QR-Coded Labels
- 2022-06-09Safety Standard for Products Containing Button/Coin Batteries
- 2022-05-26ACMA: Changes in Radiocommunications Class License
- 2022-03-21Public Consultation: Reallocation of 3.4 GHz and 3.7 GHz Bands