On 2018-03-14, the INCM (National Institute of Communication of Mozambique) published a letter informing the manufacturers, importers and users of electrocommunication and telecommunication equipment that the import, use and commercialization of the following devices are prohibited in the country;
- Devices operating in the frequency band 1900MHz- 2100MHz (reserved for cell phones)
- Telecommunication equipment used for fraudulent purpose (such as SIM boxes)
- Equipment representing a risk for the health or for terrestrial, maritime or aeronautical mobile services
- Equipment without a Declaration for Import from the INCM
- Equipment not homologated or certified by the INCM
- Equipment which didn't undergo a technical evaluation from the INCM. Any not homologated equipment will be confiscated by the INCM.