PTA issued revised Type Approval Regulations
The Pakistan Telecommunication Authority PTA issued its revised regulations on December 31, 2019. The type approval process was not noteably changed, but:
1. the sample return value limit was lowered from 3000 USD to 2000 USD.
2 The local system testing part is now officially included in this regulation. In regard of this system based testing, applicants may be asked to provide device samples. Clause 5.1.m of Section 2 of the revised regulation reads as follows:
"As part of type approval evaluation, PTA will perform system based checking e.g. operation system, firmware, output power, programmed frequencies as and when required. PTA may also ask to provide demo of the device to show all the features programmed in the devices and compare the same with submitted test report. This demo may be asked in person or through video conferencing as deemed appropriate."
Related News about Pakistan
- 2022-09-08PTA outlines New Regulations for Telecom Equipment
- 2022-05-10PTA: New Regulations for SRDs & Terrestrial IoT Services
- 2021-11-09New Type Approval Regulation published in the official Gazette
- 2019-01-24New Regulation and exempted equipment
- 2018-03-14New regulation and application form available online