New Regulation and exempted equipment
The Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) has notified new regulations.
All details related to equipment that is exempted and the one that requires type approval is listed within the regulations and all are required to abide by the notified regulations and procedures.
The new regulation can be found here.
The PTA has also published a list of exempted equipment:
These are in detail:
- Networking Equipment
- Laptops, Desktopts, Personal Cumputer (without SIM)
- Tablet PC with WiFi (without SIM)
- GPS devices
- Smart Watches with Bluetooth / WiFi (without SIM)
The hole list can be downloaded on www.pta.gov.pk
Related News about Pakistan
- 2022-09-08PTA outlines New Regulations for Telecom Equipment
- 2022-05-10PTA: New Regulations for SRDs & Terrestrial IoT Services
- 2021-11-09New Type Approval Regulation published in the official Gazette
- 2020-03-17PTA issued revised Type Approval Regulations
- 2018-03-14New regulation and application form available online