Rules for the unlicensed use of the 6 GHz band will be adopted
The FCC is authorizing access points with standard-power supply, that are controlled by an automated frequency coordination system to the 6 GHz band. In addition the FCC will open the entire 6 GHz band for unlicensed indoor low power access points.
The Rules will be active of July 27, 2020.
Related News about United States
- 2023-07-24FCC Empowers Short-Range Radars in the 60 GHz Band
- 2023-03-13FCC Improves Public Safety Communications in 4.9 GHz Band
- 2022-10-18GN Docket Opened: Expanded Use of the 12.7–13.25 GHz Band
- 2022-09-06FCC: Mandatory Antenna Gain Specification
- 2022-02-10FCC Equipment Authorization System Maintenance Outage
- 2021-07-08The FCC published new Notice of Proposed Rulemaking