SASO revised RoHS requirement implementation date
The "Technical Regulation for Restriction of hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment" published by the Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO) on 2021-07-09 was originally scheduled to take effect on 2022-01-05.
However, SASO has decided to postpone the implementation date for various types of equipment as described below.
1. Home appliances
Small appliances: 2022-07-04
Large appliances: 2022-10-02
2. Telecommunication and information technology equipment 2022-12-31
3. Lighting equipment 2023-03-31
4. Electrical and electronic equipment and tools 2023-06-29
5. Toys and entertainment tools and appliances, sports equipment 2023-09-27
6. Tools for monitoring and control 2023-12-26
Source: Internal research
Original document: Technical Regulation for Restriction of hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment EN 2021-07-09
>> More about Radio Type Approval for Saudi Arabia