- Validity Period of Certification
- 24 Months
- Average lead time for radio type approval
- 8 Weeks
- Certificate example (pdf, 470.12K)
Example label for Saudi Arabia
- CITC E-Label ICT Equipment and Radio ModulesSaudi ArabiaRequirements (pdf, 266.70K)
CST / CITC Certification
Type Approval Process for Saudi Arabia
CITC Approval and SASO
- Who is responsible for market approval for products with radio technology in Saudi Arabia?
The Communications, Space & Technology Commission (CST) in Saudi Arabia is responsible for the regulation and approval of radio technology products, including wireless and telecommunications equipment. Please note that the previous name of the authority was The Communications and Information Technology Commission (CITC) and was changed to CST in December 2022. Certification is currently still referred to as CITC certification.
- Is the CE label also used for product certification in Saudi Arabia?
CE marking is not used in Saudi Arabia, but CITC certification is based on CE and RED (Radio Equipment Directive) requirements. There are no specific requirements for CITC certification, so CE marking verification is critical for radio equipment approval in Saudi Arabia.
- What is the approval procedure for Saudi Arabia?
The process for CITC certification in Saudi Arabia includes preparation and submission of the required documents, followed by a technical review by the CST approval team. After a final administrative process, you will receive a certificate unless the CST determines that it is not required for your product.
- Are local tests required in Saudi Arabia for products with wireless technology?
The approval process in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia does not require on-site laboratory testing or contact with local representatives.
- How long does a certification for Saudi Arabia take and what is the renewal period?
The duration of the certification process depends on the type of product and is usually between 2 and 8 weeks. The CITC certificates must be renewed every two years.
- What is SASO and what are SASO requirements?
In Saudi Arabia, the Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO) introduced the SALEEM program in 2018 to ensure product safety. It operates through the SABER online system, where importers must register their products and obtain a certificate of conformity for regulated products. There are two options for registration: either a certificate of conformity or a self-declaration, with a certificate of shipment required for each shipment. SASO approval requires a local importer, in-country testing is not required, and SASO approval is valid for one year. There are no labeling requirements.
Everything you need to know about Product Certification
Download our comprehensive guide now, which shows you all the requirements for successful certification. Learn all about administrative and technical documents, as well as country-specific requirements.
Regulatory News for Saudi Arabia
- 2023-01-17CST Saudi Arabia maintenance of online platformCST Saudi Arabia online platform OTP Password confirmation via registered mobile phone now active. »read more
- 2022-12-06CITC changed name to CSTAuthority CITC changed name to CST in Saudi Arabia »read more
- 2022-09-14CITC: Implementation of Frequency Licensing Fees RegulationsCommunications and Information Technology Commission in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia informs that in congruence with the decision of the Council of Ministers No. 632 dated from June 14, 2022, a new Frequency Licensing Fees Regulation has recently come into effect. »read more
General Information about Saudi Arabia
If you need more country information, create a free TAMSys account and benefit of even more useful information.
Regulatory Radio Device Testing
Product Certification for Radio Equipment
Our test lab for telecom and radio products is accredited to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025 and certified to ISO 9001:2015 for quality management. We provide wireless device testing and radio certification services based on CST / CITC regulations and global technical standards to ensure your product performs reliably in industrial environments.
In addition, we are an internationally recognized certification body for CE marking in the EU, FCC for the USA, Canadian ISED and Japanese MIC certifications.
Ensuring all necessary radio frequency requirements
For reliable and trouble-free operation of your device
To ensure reliable operation in harsh environments
Complex Automotive Technologies
Homologation Services around the World
Assistent Systems (ADAS)
Vehicle radar systems in the 77 and 79 GHz frequency ranges, such as distance radar, blind spot radar, parking and lane departure warning systems
Kick sensors, tire pressure sensors, radio remote control, keyless entry/go, Ultra-Wideband (UWB), 60 GHz in-cabin radar monitoring, garage door openers
Our services provide you with fast and efficient access to global markets, while minimizing costs is an important factor.
Learn more about certification bodies
Certification for the European market
Certification for the United States
Certification for the Canadian market
Certification for the Japanese market
Our offers and services may vary depending on the country. Please contact us for specific details.
Radar 24 GHz, 64 GHz, 77 GHz, 79 GHz, UWB
Radio key 315 MHz, 433 MHz, 868 MHz
Keyless Go 125 kHz, 13,56 MHz
Tire pressure sensors 125 kHz, 315 MHz, 433 MHz, 868 MHz
Entertainment 2,4 GHz
Radar 64 GHz, Tank Level, Position radar
Wireless-M-Bus 315 MHz, 433 MHz, 868 MHz
Wireless-CAN-Bus 2.4 GHz
RFID + NFC 125 kHz, 13.56 MHz, 868 MHz
UWB Devices 24 GHz, 60 GHz, 79 GHz
WirelessHD 60 GHz
WLAN 2.4GHz, 3 GHz, 5 GHz, 10 GHz
Bluetooth 2.4 GHz
Zigbee 868 MHz, 2.4 GHz