Temporary exception rules for renewals due to the Coronavirus
Last Friday ANATEL released the Official letter nº 134/2020/ORCN/SOR-ANATEL.
This letter established some exceptions to be applied during the ANATEL renewal due to the impact of the coronavirus epidemic (COVID-19).
ANATEL took this decision based on the IAF recommendation due to the concern of the novel virus' impact to the public health.
1) No renewal testing will be required for devices that did not undergo any change in its project/components compared to the previous renewal/certification
2) Internal and External photos will not be required
These exceptions are valid only for certificates expiring until June 31st, 2020.
Related News about Brazil
- 2023-03-02ANATEL asking for feedback on Public Consultation No. 4
- 2022-12-27Public consultation on opening the 5.925-7.125 MHz
- 2022-11-09Brazil: Slight Delays in Type Approval Procedure
- 2022-10-26ANATEL: Updated Guidelines for Modular Certification
- 2022-07-29ANATEL Extends Deadline for Simplified Renewal Procedure
- 2021-12-09ANATEL released letter nº 233/2021