Type Approval Procedures
The Autorité Nationale de Regulation des Telecommunications (ARTP), Niger’s Regulatory Authority, published new information regarding their Standard vs Simplified Procedure for Type Approvals:
- The Simplified procedure is only possible in case a Certificate of Conformity has been issued by recognized Conformity Assessment Bodies (CAB) or Regulatory Authorities. In all other cases, the Standard procedure is mandatory. At present, only the Standard procedure is in place, however the ARTP is currently working on agreements with Regulatory Authorities and CABs to get the Simplified procedure established.
- When a device has been approved, following information must appear on its label:
- Approval date and number;
- Identification of the model, lot or serial number;
- Manufacturer or supplier name