- Local Representative
- Validity Period of Certification
- ∞ Months
- Average lead time for radio type approval
- 8 Weeks
- Certificate example (pdf, 630.67K)
Rwanda Radio Type Approval
RURA Certification Process
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do we need a sample?
One visual inspection sample might be required, depending on the technology.
- Do we need a local representative?
Yes, a local representative is required. We can refer you to one of our local representative companies.
Regulatory News for Rwanda
- 2022-03-15RURA: Updated Regulations for Electronic Communications DevicesIn the Official Gazette Special of February 16, 2022, RURA (Rwanda Utilities Regulatory Authority) has recently announced a suspension of regulation No. 011/R/STDICT/RURA/2020 governing importation, supply and type approval for electronic communications equipment. The... »read more
- 2020-07-07New Type Approval RegulationsThe RURA (Rwanda Utilities Regulation Authority) published the Regulation N˚ 011/R/STD-ICT/RURA/020 of 29/05/2020. This new regulation regulates type approval procedures as well as importation and supply of electronic communication devices. It includes new... »read more
- 2020-02-18RURA updates SRD guidelinesOn 15. November 2019, Rwanda Utilities and Regulatory Authority issued an update for "Guidelines 008/G/R/SM-ICT/RURA/2019" on the use of Short range devices. This guideline defines technical parameters and operational requirements. Annex 2 consists of the updated... »read more
General Information about Rwanda
If you need more country information, create a free TAMSys account and benefit of even more useful information.
Our offers and services may vary depending on the country. Please contact us for specific details.
Radar 24 GHz, 64 GHz, 77 GHz, 79 GHz, UWB
Radio key 315 MHz, 433 MHz, 868 MHz
Keyless Go 125 kHz, 13,56 MHz
Tire pressure sensors 125 kHz, 315 MHz, 433 MHz, 868 MHz
Entertainment 2,4 GHz
Radar 64 GHz, Tank Level, Position radar
Wireless-M-Bus 315 MHz, 433 MHz, 868 MHz
Wireless-CAN-Bus 2.4 GHz
RFID + NFC 125 kHz, 13.56 MHz, 868 MHz
UWB Devices 24 GHz, 60 GHz, 79 GHz
WirelessHD 60 GHz
WLAN 2.4GHz, 3 GHz, 5 GHz, 10 GHz
Bluetooth 2.4 GHz
Zigbee 868 MHz, 2.4 GHz