- Local Representative
- Validity Period of Certification
- ∞ Months
- Average lead time for radio type approval
- 8 Weeks
- Certificate example (pdf, 452.23K)
5 Example labels for Thailand
- Class A less than 20cm from body + B.E. 2535ThailandRequirements (pdf, 329.60K)
- Class A more than 20cm from body + B.E.2498 QR codeThailandRequirements (pdf, 331.34K)
- Class B less than 20cm away from body + B.E.2498 QR codeThailandRequirements (pdf, 320.70K)
- Class B more than 20cm from body + RCA B.E.2498 QR codeThailandRequirements (pdf, 318.46K)
- NBTC SDoC + RCA B.E.2498 QR codeThailandRequirements (pdf, 278.20K)
NBTC Approval for Radio Equipment
Certification Process for Thailand
Thailand NBTC Certification
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the NBTC certification?
The certification process for radio products in Thailand begins with the submission of the required technical documentation to the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC). The documentation is then reviewed to ensure that it meets Thai regulatory standards. After successful testing, the product receives certification.
- What types of radio products must be certified in Thailand?
All radio products sold in Thailand must be certified by the NBTC. This includes wireless devices for wireless connections, cell phones, radio network devices, amateur radio devices, communication devices, WLAN devices and other wireless products.
- What documents are required to obtain certification of radio products in Thailand?
To obtain certification of telecommunications equipment and radio products in Thailand, manufacturers must submit an application form, technical document, product certificate and public insurance certificate.
Everything you need to know about Product Certification
Download our comprehensive guide now, which shows you all the requirements for successful certification. Learn all about administrative and technical documents, as well as country-specific requirements.
Regulatory News for Thailand
- 2022-08-18NBTC: Public Consultation on 5.925–6.425 GHz SpectrumThe National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission has recently announced a public consultation on usage of 5.925 – 6.425 GHz frequency range in Thailand. »read more
- 2021-07-20Slight delays to be expectedDue to the current COVID-19 situation in Thailand, the government imposed a stricter lockdown with immediate effect. The authority National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) is currently working from home until August, 2nd. Starting from August, 3rd... »read more
- 2020-02-06Reminder for obligatory marking in ThailandDear Customers, IB-Lenhardt AG would like to remind all radio communication equipment providers to comply with Marking regarding Regulation for selling radio communication equipment as per radio communication act B.E.2498. Abstract: Label shall be printed on... »read more
General Information about Thailand
If you need more country information, create a free TAMSys account and benefit of even more useful information.
Your personal type approval specialists and authorities for Thailand
Our offers and services may vary depending on the country. Please contact us for specific details.
Radar 24 GHz, 64 GHz, 77 GHz, 79 GHz, UWB
Radio key 315 MHz, 433 MHz, 868 MHz
Keyless Go 125 kHz, 13,56 MHz
Tire pressure sensors 125 kHz, 315 MHz, 433 MHz, 868 MHz
Entertainment 2,4 GHz
Radar 64 GHz, Tank Level, Position radar
Wireless-M-Bus 315 MHz, 433 MHz, 868 MHz
Wireless-CAN-Bus 2.4 GHz
RFID + NFC 125 kHz, 13.56 MHz, 868 MHz
UWB Devices 24 GHz, 60 GHz, 79 GHz
WirelessHD 60 GHz
WLAN 2.4GHz, 3 GHz, 5 GHz, 10 GHz
Bluetooth 2.4 GHz
Zigbee 868 MHz, 2.4 GHz