EU Commission implements decision on 6 GHz band
The EU Commision implements the decision (EU) 2021/1067 of 17 June 2021 on the 6 GHz band (5945 - 6425 MHz) for use of wireless access systems and radio local area networks (WAS/RLAN).
The decision was published in the Offical Journal on 30 June 2021. Member states should make the band availably by 1 December 2021 on a non-exclusive, non-interfernece and non-protected basis.
Two classifications are made:
"Low Power Indoor (LPI)": devices for indoor use only and "Very Low Power (VLP)";
devices considered as portable for indoor and outdoor use.
Details can be found in the annex of the decision.
Related News about EU (RE-D)
- 2023-07-27Extension for RED cybersecurity requirements
- 2023-05-03Change to the technical specifications for wired charging
- 2022-12-08Publication of the amendment of the RED on Common Chargers
- 2022-11-29Published: Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2022/2307
- 2022-11-22European Commission published Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2022/2191
- 2022-03-03European Commission Updates Usage Conditions for 5 GHz Wi-Fi