EU Commission implements decision on 6 GHz band
The EU Commision implements the decision (EU) 2021/1067 of 17 June 2021 on the 6 GHz band (5 945-6 425 MHz) for use of wireless access systems and radio local area networks (WAS/RLAN).
The decision was published in the Offical Journal on 30 June 2021. Member states should make the band availably by 1 December 2021 on a non-exclusive, non-interfernece and non-protected basis.
Two classifications are made: “Low Power Indoor (LPI)” devices for indoor use only and “Very Low Power (VLP)” devices considered as portable for indoor and outdoor use.
Details can be found in the annex of the decision.
Related News about EU (RE-D)
- 2022-12-08Publication of the amendment of the RED on Common Chargers
- 2022-11-29Published: Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2022/2307
- 2022-11-22European Commission published Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2022/2191
- 2022-03-03European Commission Updates Usage Conditions for 5 GHz Wi-Fi
- 2022-01-25Draft Standardisation Request RED 3(3)(def) Cyber Security
- 2021-10-19European Commission released a proposal to amend the RE-D