European Commission Updates Usage Conditions for 5 GHz Wi-Fi
The European Commision (EC) has sucessfully implemented a new Decision 2022/179 which clarifies and harmonizes the spectrum usage of wireless access systems (WAS) including radio local area networks (RLAN) in the 5 GHz frequency band.
Indoor implementation requires special attention as it has become possible to install WAS/RLANs in road vehicles.
The decision is dated February, 8th 2022.
By March, 31st 2022 EU member states are to make available the frequency bands of:
5150 - 5250 MHz,
5250 - 5350 MHz and
5470 - 5725 MHz
for the implementation of WAS/RLANs in accordance with the technical conditions mentioned in the Annex of the aforementioned decision.
Related News about EU (RE-D)
- 2023-07-27Extension for RED cybersecurity requirements
- 2023-05-03Change to the technical specifications for wired charging
- 2022-12-08Publication of the amendment of the RED on Common Chargers
- 2022-11-29Published: Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2022/2307
- 2022-11-22European Commission published Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2022/2191