- Local Representative
- Validity Period of Certification
- ∞ Months
- Average lead time for radio type approval
- 5 Weeks
- Certificate example (pdf, 476.78K)
Example label for South Africa
- ICASASouth AfricaRequirements (pdf, 145.24K)
Certification Process for South Africa
ICASA Type Approval
NRCS Approval for Electrical Safety
- Do we need to affix the conformity label on the product?
You may submit a written request for waiver of labeling to the ICASA authority. The authority may grant permission to label the user manual instead.
- What is the size of the ICASA label?
The minimum size of the ICASA label is 3 mm x 3 mm. The label contains the ICASA logo and the number of the ICASA certificate in the following format: TA XXXX-YYYY, where: TA stands for the type approval, XXXX for the year in which the TA certificate was issued, and YYYY for the number sequence assigned by ICASA.
- What is the role of ICASA in South Africa?
The Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA) plays a central role as the regulator of the telecommunications, broadcasting and postal sectors. As the regulator, ICASA receives and investigates complaints about the services provided by licensed companies in these industries to ensure accountability and public satisfaction.
Everything you need to know about Product Certification
Download our comprehensive guide now, which shows you all the requirements for successful certification. Learn all about administrative and technical documents, as well as country-specific requirements.
Regulatory News for South Africa
- 2023-05-24South Africa released Government Gazette number 48643South Africa released Government Gazette number 48643, with updates for 6 GHz band and 122 -246 GHz Non Specific SRD. »read more
- 2022-11-10SABS: Additional approval scheme for EMC CoCsSABS simplifies application procedure for EMC certificates of conformity. The Regulation became effective from November 1, 2022. »read more
- 2022-01-06Amendment of the Radio Frequency Spectrum Regulations 2015As IB-Lenhardt informed on 2019-08-06, the Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA), opened a public consultation on the planned amendments of Annexure B - Radio Apparatus exempt from radio frequency spectrum licences - of... »read more
General Information about South Africa
If you need more country information, create a free TAMSys account and benefit of even more useful information.
Your personal type approval specialists and authorities for South Africa
Product Testing and Certification
Our RF test lab is accredited to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025 and certified to ISO 9001:2015 for quality management. We provide wireless device testing and radio certification services based on global technical certification standards to ensure your product performs reliably in industrial environments.
In addition, we have contacts with local representatives and testing laboratories around the world to ensure global market access at all times.
Ensuring all necessary radio frequency requirements
For reliable and trouble-free operation of your device
To ensure reliable operation in harsh environments
Homologation Services around the World
Advanced Driver-assistance System (ADAS)
Vehicle radar systems in the 77 and 79 GHz frequency ranges, such as distance radar, blind spot radar, parking and lane departure warning systems
Kick sensors, tire pressure sensors, radio remote control, keyless entry/go, Ultra-Wideband (UWB), 60 GHz in-cabin radar monitoring, garage door openers
Our services provide you with fast and efficient access to global markets, while minimizing costs is an important factor.
Learn more about certification bodies
Certification for the European market
Certification for the United States
Certification for the Canadian market
Certification for the Japanese market
Our offers and services may vary depending on the country. Please contact us for specific details.
Radar 24 GHz, 64 GHz, 77 GHz, 79 GHz, UWB
Radio key 315 MHz, 433 MHz, 868 MHz
Keyless Go 125 kHz, 13,56 MHz
Tire pressure sensors 125 kHz, 315 MHz, 433 MHz, 868 MHz
Entertainment 2,4 GHz
Radar 64 GHz, Tank Level, Position radar
Wireless-M-Bus 315 MHz, 433 MHz, 868 MHz
Wireless-CAN-Bus 2.4 GHz
RFID + NFC 125 kHz, 13.56 MHz, 868 MHz
UWB Devices 24 GHz, 60 GHz, 79 GHz
WirelessHD 60 GHz
WLAN 2.4GHz, 3 GHz, 5 GHz, 10 GHz
Bluetooth 2.4 GHz
Zigbee 868 MHz, 2.4 GHz