ACMA is looking for comments on proposal for EME amendment
With regard to the upcoming rollout of 5G, handsets will be required to operate on frequencies above 6 GHz. At present, there are no harmonized standards for devices operating above 6 GHz used in close proximity to head or body.
Therefore, the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) is proposing to amend the Radiocommunications (Electromagnetic Radiation - Human Exposure) Standard 2014 to ensure devices operating above 6 GHz have appropriate supply requirements and a specified test method to determine the specific absorption rate (SAR).
The consultation is open until 2020-03-12: Share your opinion here
Related News about Australia
- 2023-11-21ACMA consults on EMC regulation
- 2023-07-13ACMA Seeks Feedback on Expiring Spectrum Licences
- 2022-06-23Public Consultation on Introducing QR-Coded Labels
- 2022-06-09Safety Standard for Products Containing Button/Coin Batteries
- 2022-05-26ACMA: Changes in Radiocommunications Class License
- 2022-03-21Public Consultation: Reallocation of 3.4 GHz and 3.7 GHz Bands