Amendment of the Radio Frequency Spectrum Regulations 2015
As IB-Lenhardt informed on 2019-08-06, the Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA), opened a public consultation on the planned amendments of Annexure B - Radio Apparatus exempt from radio frequency spectrum licences - of the Radio Frequency Spectrum Regulations, 2015.
After reviewing written submissions from interested stakeholders ICASA amended Annexure B, which contains information such as maximum radiated power, field strength or sensitivity limits and relevant test standards for various types of equipment.
The updated regulations came into force after being published in the Government Gazette on 2021-12-24.
Related News about South Africa
- 2023-10-12ICASA plans to appoint Dedicated Certification Bodies
- 2023-09-27Type approval delays are to be expected for South Africa
- 2023-05-24South Africa released Government Gazette number 48643
- 2022-11-10SABS: Additional approval scheme for EMC CoCs
- 2021-08-03Public comments on Draft National Frequency Plan 2021