Type approval delays are to be expected for South Africa
The ICASA (Independent Communications Authority of South Africa) is the regulatory body in South Africa, responsible for regulating and providing licensing for matters in telecommunication and broadcasting.
The wage strike starting this Wednesday, planned by the ICASA employee's union Nhawu, is a dispute that resulted by the failure to match the union demanded wage increase. A majority of ICASA employees are members of the mentioned union.
It is still unclear how long it will take, until an agreement can be found.
Related News about South Africa
- 2023-10-12ICASA plans to appoint Dedicated Certification Bodies
- 2023-05-24South Africa released Government Gazette number 48643
- 2022-11-10SABS: Additional approval scheme for EMC CoCs
- 2022-01-06Amendment of the Radio Frequency Spectrum Regulations 2015
- 2021-08-03Public comments on Draft National Frequency Plan 2021