IMDA allocates spectrum in 6GHz band for Wi-Fi
IMDA allocates additional spectrum for Wi-Fi use in the lower segment of 6 GHz band (5925 - 6425 MHz).
To pave the way for the deployment of the latest Wi-Fi 6E technology, the Singapore authority is allocating an additional 500 MHz of spectrum suitable for Wi-Fi use to:
Meet the growing demand for bandwidth-intensive and low-latency use cases
Enable a seamless transition between different connectivity options for end users.
IMDA expects Wi-Fi 6E-enabled devices to be available in Singapore by the third quarter of 2023.
You can read the full article here: https://www.imda.gov.sg
Related News about Singapore
- 2023-04-18Singapore IMDA invites for public comments for Draft TS SRD
- 2023-02-15Public Consultation on 6 GHz allocation
- 2021-10-21IMDA Draft Technical Specification open for comments
- 2021-08-19The IMDA released a new version of the IMDA TS SRD
- 2021-05-25Open consultation: draft technical specifications for SRD