New procedure for Type approval
IB-Lenhardt AG was informed about updates in the Type Approval procedure concerning among others, sample requirements, familiy approval and billing method of the Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC).
- Family applications: The NCC now accept applications for models that come in series and or families. In that case, the product should share the same test report.
- Samples: One (1) sample should be provided for notebooks, tablets and mobile phones. For any other equipment type, a sample can be requested at any time. Samples won't be returned by the Commission.
- Processing time: If the complete documentation is received without errors, then on average it should take four (4) to eight (8) weeks for the applicant to receive a Certificate/Grant, assuming approval is granted and the invoice is paid.
- Billing: The billing is subsidized as follows:
- There is a group price for the whole family/series;
- In addition to this group price, each device of the family/series is billed at 20% of the group price