IFT issues the new regulation 291013-DOF
On 25 February 2021, the new regulation 291013-DOF-Diario Oficial de la Federación published by the Mexican Authority Instituto Federal de Telecomunicaciones (IFT) comes into force.
291013-DOF-Diario Oficial de la Federación is only addressed to approvals which were pursued by local testing.
To show compliance, the devices have to be re-tested and re-approved with the real importer acting as certificate holder. Certificates will have an unlimited validity but may be called for market surveillance.
The regulation applies to devices subject to the following standards:
- NOM-196-SCFI-2016 (IFT-004-2014)
- NOM-208-SCFI-2016 (IFT-008-2015)
- NOM-218-SCFI-2017 (IFT-005-2016)
- NOM-221/2-SCFI-2018 (IFT-011-2017)
Source: official link
Related News about Mexico
- 2022-07-19IFT: Annual Holidays
- 2022-06-21IFT: New Homologation Guideline Effective June 27, 2022
- 2022-06-16NYCE: updated PEC Scheme
- 2021-11-02IFETEL releases annual closure information
- 2021-06-04IFT opens public consultation for Wi-Fi 6E
- 2021-04-08IFT in Mexico opens public consultation for the 57–64 GHz band