MCMC revised Technical Code for Short Range Devices
On 6 May 2020, the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) registered the 2nd revision of the Technical Code for Short Range Devices “MCMC MTSFB TC T007:2020”, which cancels and replaces the previous version MCMC MTSFB TC T007:2014.
The main modification are as following:
a) Update the frequency bands and maximum transmit power limits for generic and specific SRD applications to be aligned with the latest Class Assignment No. 2 of 2019;
b) Inclusion of technical requirements for new SRD applications such as Ultra-Wideband (UWB), inductive device and automotive radar based on the latest Class Assignment No. 2 of 2019; and
c) Inclusion of new technical requirements for electrical safety and EMC for devices that can be directly connected to the service provider’s network.
Related News about Malaysia
- 2023-11-06SIRIM changes the notification format on the eComM platform
- 2022-08-30MCMC: New Class Assignment
- 2022-02-08MCMC Opens Spectrum for Wi-Fi 6E
- 2021-12-14Announcement Ref. No.: SQASI/CMCS/1/21/0020 released by MCMC
- 2021-12-02Certification of 6 GHz frequency band for Wi-Fi prohibited
- 2021-08-05New requirement for Certificate holders