MIIT implemented requirements for SRRC approvals
Started in March 2019, products which habe been type approved by SRRC (State Radio Regulatory Commission) shall follow a so-called sales reporting process.
All SRRC-approved products including SRRC-approved modules are subject to this requirement. The only exception are the short-range micro-power devices. A re-registration is not required, if they have been approved before.
Vendors (if a product has numerous resellers, each of them has to go for a separate registration), importers, local representative, manufacturers (only applicable, if they sell to their clients directly) or online sales companies are required to register within 10 working days after selling the product. A local Chinese company is required to register at the MIIT via its web portal.
Where a device has been registered at MIIT, a registration number & a QR code are issued. The registration number & QR code shall be attached at a visible location in the distribution store or on the website (in case the product is sold online). If there is no store or website, the vendor shall keep the registration number and QR code properly. The customers may scan the QR code in order to obtain information with respect to the product and its SRRC certification.
Source: Official website
Related News about China
- 2023-09-21Introduction of Electronic CCC Certificates and Marks
- 2023-09-07China changes ID Encoding Rules and Certificate Style
- 2023-06-02Public Consultation for technical requirements for WLAN
- 2023-03-30Further Products in the Scope of CCC
- 2023-02-24MIIT released regulation effective from 2023-07-01
- 2023-01-24Lunar New Year festivities causing slight delays