Conformity Assessment Update
The Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of China will enforce the implementation of the conformity assessment system for restricted use of hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment effective as of 1st November 2019.
The assessment system ensures compliance with standards and technical specifications for the use of hazardous substances. Certification bodies must meet the requirements of the “Administrative Measures for Certification Bodies,” the GB/T 27065 “Conformity for Certification and Evaluation of Products, Processes, and Services,” and the RB/T 242 “Requirements for Green Product Certification Institutions.”
Suppliers are responsible for genuine self-declaration and related technical documents. Market surveillance departments must supervise and manage restricted use, conformity assessment activities, and results of hazardous substances found in electrical and electronic products.
Source: local partner
Related News about China
- 2023-03-30Further Products in the Scope of CCC
- 2023-02-24MIIT released regulation effective from 2023-07-01
- 2023-01-24Lunar New Year festivities causing slight delays
- 2023-01-05Draft regulation for 900 MHz RFID and for UWB released
- 2022-11-17MIIT released Draft Regulation regarding CMIIT ID
- 2022-06-30MIIT: Public Consultation on Radio Frequency Allocation