New Requirements for Cell Phone Chargers
Brazil’s regulator ANATEL issued new requirements for cell phone chargers, especially for vehicle and wireless chargers intended to be used with cell phones. These chargers will be listed as Category I products (1 year validity).
Whereas the regulation is applicable for vehicular cell phone chargers as of 2018-01-06 (ANATEL Act no. 493), no date has yet been set for wireless chargers.
Moreover, in-country testing will be required, including both the chargers and the cell phone they are intended to be used with.
Related News about Brazil
- 2023-03-02ANATEL asking for feedback on Public Consultation No. 4
- 2022-12-27Public consultation on opening the 5.925-7.125 MHz
- 2022-11-09Brazil: Slight Delays in Type Approval Procedure
- 2022-10-26ANATEL: Updated Guidelines for Modular Certification
- 2022-07-29ANATEL Extends Deadline for Simplified Renewal Procedure
- 2021-12-09ANATEL released letter nº 233/2021