Technical requirements of restricted radio communication devices
On March 1st 2019, Brazil’s Regulatory Authority (ANATEL) published Act No. 1379.
An update to the Technical Requirements for Conformity Assessment of Restricted Radiocommunication Equipment, which follows the same limits of FCC.
There were some changes on items 6.2.5, 13.1 and 13.1.1 of Annex I to Act No. 14.448 of December 4,2017 regarding specific conditions of use of the periodic operation device with periodic transmission characteristics and the limit of the electric field strength of the Radio Frequency Identification System (RFID) in the 13 MHz band:
1. 6.2.5. Periodic transmissions at predetermined regular intervals are only permissible in supervisory or scan transmissions to determine the systemic integrity of transmitters used in safety applications. In this case, the periodic transmission rate shall not exceed 2 (two) seconds of duration per hour for each transmitter.
2. 13.1. Radio Frequency Identification Systems (RFID) operating in the bands 119 – 135 kHz, 13.11 – 13.36 MHz, 13.41 – 14.01 MHz, 433.5 – 434.5 MHz, 860 – 869 MHz, 894-898.5 MHz, 902-907.5 MHz, 915-928 MHz, 2,400 – 2,483.5 MHz and 5,725 – 5,850 MHz shall meet the limits defined in table V under following link:
3. 13.1.1. The field strength limits shall be measured using the mean detector and at the band transition radio frequencies, the most restrictive field strength value shall be applied.
This Act shall enter into force on the date of its publication in the Anatel Electronic Service Bulletin
Related News about Brazil
- 2023-03-02ANATEL asking for feedback on Public Consultation No. 4
- 2022-12-27Public consultation on opening the 5.925-7.125 MHz
- 2022-11-09Brazil: Slight Delays in Type Approval Procedure
- 2022-10-26ANATEL: Updated Guidelines for Modular Certification
- 2022-07-29ANATEL Extends Deadline for Simplified Renewal Procedure
- 2021-12-09ANATEL released letter nº 233/2021