VHF/UHF Technical Standards
Thailand’s National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) issued two VHF/UHF Technical Standards which became effective on April 3rd, 2019:
- NBTC TS 1024-2561 for Radiocommunication Equipment Used in Land Mobile Service in the VHF/UHF Frequency Band for Speech and/or Data Communications (Digital).
- NBTC TS 1001-2561 for Radiocommunication Equipment Used in Land Mobile Service in VHF/UHF Bands for Speech Communications (Analog).
Main amendments are channel spacing, conducted spurious emissions, frequency deviation, maximum usable sensitivity, and electrical safety requirements.
Stated standards define the minimum technical characteristics of radiocommunications equipment for land mobile service in the VHF/UHF bands for data and/or for digitised speech communications in the 30-960 MHz frequency band with channel spacing of 6.25 kHz and/or 12.5 kHz > radiocommunication equipment used for base stations, mobile stations, and hand portable stations.
Electrical safety requirements for radiocommunication equipment which is used in land mobile service in the VHF/UHF frequency bands for analogue speech communications shall comply with any of the following standards:
- IEC 60950-1: Information Technology Equipment-Safety-Part 1: General Requirements
- TIS 1561-2013: Information Technology Equipment-Safety: General Requirements
- IEC 62368-1: Audio/video, Information and Communication Technology Equipment-Part 1: Safety Requirements
Type Approval Certificates based on the old standards will remian valid. Import or sell of UHF products using channel spacing 25kHz will not be permitted starting from January 1, 2021 > from 25kHz to 12.5kHz.