5470-5650 MHz Opened for SRD
Malaysia has opened the band 5470-5650 MHz (comparable to U-NII-2C) for use by Short Ranges Devices.
However, notebooks cannot rely on modular approval anymore - now, each notebook needs its own hostbased approval, even if its modules are approved already.
Related News about Malaysia
- 2022-08-30MCMC: New Class Assignment
- 2022-02-08MCMC Opens Spectrum for Wi-Fi 6E
- 2021-12-14Announcement Ref. No.: SQASI/CMCS/1/21/0020 released by MCMC
- 2021-12-02Certification of 6 GHz frequency band for Wi-Fi prohibited
- 2021-08-05New requirement for Certificate holders
- 2020-05-26MCMC revised Technical Code for Short Range Devices